Thursday 26 July 2012

Superman Cufflinks

Superman Cufflinks

Kirby's most brilliant brainchild of this (the mid-1960s) period, The Silver Surfer, first appeared in March 1966. He started out as an assistant to an awesome alien named Galactus, and Stan Lee had not originally expected him at all. The plot had been discussed, says Lee, but when Jack brought the drawings, I saw a guy on a flying surfboard and I said, "Who's this?" Jack said that Galactus ought to have a herald who flies ahead of him, and I thought it was a wonderful idea. I loved the way Jack drew him, and I thought there was something so noble about him that I'd decided I'd get a lot of philosophy in there, letting him deliver remarks about the condition of life on Earth and how we don't appreciate this Garden of Eden we live in." 

Superman Cufflinks

Superman Cufflinks

Superman Cufflinks

Superman Cufflinks

Superman Cufflinks

Superman Cufflinks

Superman Cufflinks

Superman Cufflinks

Superman Cufflinks

Superman Cufflinks

Superman Cufflinks

Superman Cufflinks

Superman Cufflinks

No comments:

Post a Comment